The 200-hour yoga teacher training includes the study and practice of a variety of topics:
Theory of anatomy and physiology, Yoga philosophy and history or Yoga, as well as many practices like cleaning rituals, breathing exercises and their benefits.
We will also break down and explain the most important asanas of Hatha and Ashtanga Yoga in class and students will have many opportunities practicing the asanas themselves, as well as teaching them.
The students will learn how to do traditional cleansing Kriyas. We’ll cover both beginner and advanced cleansing practices following the teacher’s instructions. These cleansing practices will help you to breath freely and will balance your digestive system.
- What is Pranayama?
- What is Prana?
- What are the Nadis?
- Main Pranayama techniques
- Eight main Pranayama practices
- What is concentration?
- What is meditation?
- Benefits and contra – indications
- AUM meditation
- Chakra Meditation
- Group meditation
- Dynamic meditation
- Kundalini Meditation
- Breathing Meditation
- What is Bandha and why to use it?
- How use Bandha?
- Benefits of Bandha
- Integration of Bandha in Asana practise
- What is Yoga?
- Introduction to Hatha Yoga
- Origin & History of Hath Yoga
- Introduction to teachings of Bhagavad Gita
- Consciousness & awareness
- Panch Kosha (five covering of sheaths over consciousness)
- Annamaya Kosha (physical sheath)
- Panch Tatva (five elements)
- Sapt-dhatu (seven tissues)
- Pranamaya Kosha (energy sheaths) – Subtle body – Subconscious state
- Panch Prana (five vital airs)
- Karmendriya (five organs of action)
- Nadi (subtle energy channels)
- Tri-Shakti (three energy)
- Shat Chakra (six centre of energy transformations)
- Kundalini and Granthis
- Manomaya Kosha (mental sheath) – Subtle body – Subconscious state
- Manas (mind) Buddi (lower intellect) Chitta (memory) Ahamkar (ego) Jnanedriya (five senses)
- Vijyanamaya Kosha (intuitive sheath) – Sutble body – Subconscious State
- Buddhi (highter intellect)
- Ananadmaya Kosha (bliss sheath) – Casual body – Unconscious state
- Turiya- Pure consciousness
- Introduction to Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and 8 Limbs of yoga
- Understanding of basic Anatomy related to Yoga
- Structure of physical body
- Skeleton System
- Muscular System
- Nervous System
- Bloss circulation & Metabolism
- Digestion and Excretion
- Energy system, Chakra, Nadis
- Extension,Flexion,Hyperextension,Rotation,Abduction,Adduction, Circumduction
- Joints Anatomy
- 3 Bodies-subtle body, gross body, casual body
- Ashtanga yoga poses
- Hatha yoga poses
In the alignment classes, you will chances to questions anytime, the more questions, the more experience will be shared. The purpose of these classes are to improve your posture, correct yourself and your students, prevent injury or practice while students already had injuries.
Example Schedule -
A typical day of your Yoga Teacher Training
5:30am – 6:00am
6:00am – 7:30am
7:30am – 8:30am
8:30am – 9:30am
9:30am – 10:30am
10:30am – 11:30am
11:30am – 12:30pm
1:00pm – 2:00pm
2:00pm – 3:00pm
3:00pm – 4:00pm
4:00pm – 5:30pm
Self-study and Rest
Yoga Nidra / Meditation
Lunch and Rest
Anatomy / Alignment/ Chanting
* All times and classes can be subject to change.
** Yoga Nidra, Meditation, Yin and Restorative Yoga will alter during the course.
- The accommodation is located very close to the yoga studio, just outside the Hoi An Old Town. It’s a clean and modern homestay. All rooms have an ensuite bathroom, some rooms have a balcony, and you can enjoy a beautiful communal outdoor sitting area. (Due to coronavirus, we have made some changes in accommodation on Feb and Mar 2020 course)
- Students will live in a shared room that has all facilities needed, such as AC and hot water. Single room is available upon request for an extra charge of $150.
- Washing machine is available at the yoga studio. Please bring your own washing powder.
- Pick-up will be provided from Danang airport/bus station/ train station to the yoga studio in Hoi An. Please inform us about your arrival date and time in advance.
- The transportation for any weekend excursion is included.
- We provide a bicycle for our students for the period of the teacher training.
- We serve 3 times vegetarian meals per day. To benefit the most from your practice, please do not bring or consume any non-vegetarian food during the course.
- It’s the students’ responsibility to clean the dishes after each meal.
- Information about fresh seasonal fruits at the local market will be provided to the students, including the price. All students can of course always ask for help from the Aum Yoga staff.
- No meat, egg or alcohol is allowed on the yoga premises.
- Please make sure not to waste any food.
- The tap water in Hoi An is not for drinking. We provide fresh mineral water to all students.